Standards of Conduct Campers are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that brings credit to the camper, the camper’s school, the sponsoring Rotary Club, and the camper’s family. Adherence to your school’s code of conduct, including guidelines for safe online communications, specifically including social media, is expected.
Campers are encouraged to wear the Camp Royal T-shirts provided at all times. This is a team building requirement. A Camp Royal sweatshirt is also provided.
Campers are expected to notify their counselor before leaving a session, and check back in when they return. Attendance is expected at all scheduled camp sessions.
Camp Royal 2021 is a virtual event and the following rules apply:
• This is like a virtual classroom. Appropriate classroom behavior is expected. Log into your meeting from a distraction free, quiet environment.
• Please keep your audio on mute until you want to speak. This will help to limit background noise.
• If you would like to speak or answer a question, use the “Raise Hand” feature. Then unmute yourself after you are called on.
• If you would like to use the chat box, remember that it is public, and a record of the chat is kept and archived.
• Have paper and a pen or pencil handy to take notes.
• Make sure your video is on so we can see your happy face.
Campers who do not behave appropriately may have their participation suspended, depending on circumstances.
If you have any concerns about inappropriate behavior on the part of any fellow campers or staff, we expect you to feel obligated to report it to Cole Felt, Rotary District 5160 Camp Royal chairman. Camp staff (counselors and presenters) have had youth protection training, and will uphold the highest standards of professionalism. Any reports of inappropriate behavior will be dealt with confidentially and expeditiously.
We believe you will have a wonderful experience at Camp Royal